Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

computer recommendations

Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi everyone,

ive been working off an imac pro since 2018 and its starting to get. little slow for what i need. 

current spec:

2.5 ghz 14 core intel xeon

128gb ram

radeon provega 64 16gb graphics card

i work on high end advertising campaigns where the base file is 454mb from a phase one iq4 digital back, i do a lot of compositing and layering. I also like to work on animations and video in photoshoop to animate stills.

im wondering if i should take the step and move up to the mac pro (whichy wasnt availble when i needed it) or if i should build a super pc.

any recommendations would be appreciated.

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  if you are a MacOs lover please remain with MacOs 🙂 (my personal opinion)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're working with large files, the one overriding consideration is scratch disk. It's more important than anything else. 500GB to 1TB free on a fast disk such as an NVMe is optimal.

Next on the list is a decent and reliable GPU without any driver bugs. And no, Macs are in no way immune here - in fact less, as you don't have much choice and you can't update the driver separately from the OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is your configuration for disk/SSD/local storage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines