• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

concerns about GPX 1060 ?

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm need to replace an old computer that is getting too slow for photoshop.  What are thoughts on the specs of this laptop?  I see the recommended specs are the GTX 1050 and this one has the 1060.  Is that an issue?  

With NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 graphics with Max-Q Design Technology and 6GB GDDR5 video memory gameplay is clear and detailed. Witness everything on screen with stunning clarity and superior color richness thanks to the IPS FHD display with HDMI 2.0 for 60Hz 4K output. Equipped with anti-glare panels to create a wider range of environments. Experience every beat of the action with improved clarity and imaging thanks to two tuned front-firing speakers powered by Waves MaxxAudio. The 8th Gen Intel Core H-Series CPUs rip through processing functions when throttled. Make every click count on a backlit keyboard built with multiple layers of reinforcement, 1.4mm keystroke travel. Elevate your gaming, viewing and mega-tasking with the one-two combo of SmartByte and MaxxAudio. you'll be sucked into every game like never before, with powerful encompassing sound -- no drops.

GENERAL INFORMATION

• Brand: Dell
  • Model: G7
  • Form Factor: Notebook
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

DISPLAY

• Display Size: 15.6"
  • Resolution: FHD (1920 x 1080)
  • Display Features: IPS
  • Webcam: Yes

PROCESSOR

• Processor Brand: Intel
  • Processor Type: Core i7-8750H
  • Number of Cores: 6
  • Base Frequency: 2.20GHz
  • Turbo Frequency: 4.1GHz
  • SmartCache: 9MB

MEMORY

• Memory Capacity: 16GB
  • Memory Type: DDR4
  • Memory Form Factor: SO-DIMM
  • Memory Speed: 2400MHz
  • Max Supported Memory: 64 GB

STORAGE

• Drive Configuration: 512GB SSD + 1TB HDD

VIDEO

• Dedicated Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
  • Video Memory: 6 GB
  • Integrated Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 630

AUDIO

• Audio Tech: Waves MaxxAudio
  • Speakers: Stereo

PORTS & FEATURES

• Video Ports: 1x HDMI, 1x Thunderbolt 3
  • Audio Ports: 1 x Headphone/Microphone Combo Jack
  • USB Ports: 3x USB 3.1 Gen 1
  • Card Reader: 2-in-1
  • Security Slot: Yes
  • Keyboard: Backlit with number pad

COMMUNICATIONS

• LAN: Gigabit Ethernet
  • Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac)
  • Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.1

POWER

• AC Adapter: 180-watt
  • Battery: 4-cell lithium ion
  • Battery Life: > 5 hours

PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS

• Length: 10.82 in.
  • Width: 15.32 in.
  • Height: 0.98 in.
  • Weight: 5.73 lbs
  • Color: Black

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You should be fine with them system specs and the GPU is more than enough for Photoshop, I have a 1GB GPU on my work PC and Photoshop runs without issue, Photoshop is not really GPU hungry unless your doing 3D work, it's more RAM and CPU hungry, depending on how large the files you work on are you may need to consider upgrading the RAM to 32GB.

You may run into issues with the Dual GPU setup though, take a look at section 7 here

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Ged said, the GPU is quite fine. (I use a GTX 1060 myself in the desktop system I built.) 16 GB of RAM is very adequate provided not much is TSR'd (terminate and stay resident, or apps running in the background; a big clue is stuff running in the SysTray in the lower right) but the more RAM, the merrier.

You'll probably also want to disable the integrated GPU; Ged's link provides info on how to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines