• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Configuration Error: 16

Participant ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated the OS on a Mac Pro to OS 10.13.6 High Sierra. Then attempted to launch PS CS6 and got a Configutation Error. Please uninstall and reinstall this product. Error: 16 (see attached screen shot)

So I uninstall and attempted to run the installer and got this error message: "We have encounted the following issues. Installer failed to initialize. This could be due to a missing file. Please download Adobe Support Advisor to detect the problem." Then there is a link to get the Adobe Support Advisor. But when you click the link there is no file there. What gives with that? (also see attached screen grab)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I found this article on Adobe Help: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html#CS6

I followed those steps for CS 6 but when I got to the last step: "A terminal window opens and initializes the installer. You are given the option to install in trial mode, utilize a serial number, or verify a Creative Cloud membership." I am not given those three options. This is my Terminal Report:

Last login: Fri Apr 16 11:21:58 on ttys000

You have mail.

/Volumes/Adobe\ Photoshop\ CS6/Adobe\ Photoshop\ CS6/Install.app/Contents/MacOS/Install ; exit;

mkdir: /Users/markromine/.bash_sessions: Operation not permitted

Mark-Romines-Mac-Pro:~ markromine$ /Volumes/Adobe\ Photoshop\ CS6/Adobe\ Photoshop\ CS6/Install.app/Contents/MacOS/Install ; exit;

/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.60.1/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:49: Error: unsupported compressor 8

/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.60.1/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/Exceptions.plist'

/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.60.1/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:49: Error: unsupported compressor 8

/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.60.1/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Library/AppExceptions.bundle/Exceptions.plist'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can anyone provide any help?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines