Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Constant crashing since 22.4 update

Explorer ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Having persistent crashes when selecting, moving, or interacting with ANY image files within Photoshop since 22.4.0 update installed. Double-digit crashes within an hour. Help deadlines approaching! 

System is AMD Ryzen 5950X with RTX3090 GPU

Thanks,

Eoin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What have you done so far?

Have you tried resetting preferences which are carried forward from the previous version , along with any corruption that may not have caused issues in the old version but which can cause problems in the new?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, tried that. Reverted to an older version as I have deadlines inbound! Will look into it more once the heat is off.

Thanks,

Eoin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having problems - photoshop crashes before it will even open.  Working on a Mac running Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problems since I updated yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same issue on a windows 10 machine. Have uninstalled then reinstalled which helped for an hour or two and then back to the crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reverted back to the previous version for the time being, now working with no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue today 😞 just keeps on crashing after about 2 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share the crash report along with system info so that I can look for faulty modules. You can refer with below link for more details regarding crash report :
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/kb/interpret-crash-report.html

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, yes I began by submitting many of the crash reports but I was getting so many I stopped. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same issue on a windows 10 machine.  i9 16GB ram  what is adobe going to do about it I have a deadline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problems. As soon as I save a file: PS crashes. As soon as a second file is open: PS crashes. As soon as I save a smart object and go back to the original file it crashes. It has become unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem. Needed to role back to the previous version. 

Open the creative cloud app.
Select "all apps"
then Photoshop three dots next to the word [Open]

Select "other versions"
Then you can select the previous version to re-install. And you will be back up and running:

menelfloss_0-1621345637108.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines