Constant, random freezes since 22.1 was installed

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Efficiency at 100%, no indicators of lag anywhere, but then I try to do something simple (like expand a group folder or edit a type layer) and suddenly Photoshop pinwheels for 30+ seconds.

If I completely quit out Photoshop and start it back up I can get a few minutes of productive work in, but then the pinwheels recur, and if I try to proceed with constant pinwheels eventually I encounter one that will last over 5 minutes. I've waited it out once or twice just to save, but more often I just force quit.

Is this happening to anyone else? I've run through every fix I can find, including completely uninstalling Photoshop, deleting all my old settings, and starting over with a fresh install. This only started happening after I updated to 22.1, and it's making it borderline impossible to use Photoshop.

Running MacOS Big Sur 11.1 on a iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017). 64GB RAM, 8GB GPU, 2 scratch disks set... my computer meets or exceeds every PS system requirement, Photoshop shouldn't be lacking for any resources.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Constant, random freezes since 22.1 was installed

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Efficiency at 100%, no indicators of lag anywhere, but then I try to do something simple (like expand a group folder or edit a type layer) and suddenly Photoshop pinwheels for 30+ seconds.

If I completely quit out Photoshop and start it back up I can get a few minutes of productive work in, but then the pinwheels recur, and if I try to proceed with constant pinwheels eventually I encounter one that will last over 5 minutes. I've waited it out once or twice just to save, but more often I just force quit.

Is this happening to anyone else? I've run through every fix I can find, including completely uninstalling Photoshop, deleting all my old settings, and starting over with a fresh install. This only started happening after I updated to 22.1, and it's making it borderline impossible to use Photoshop.

Running MacOS Big Sur 11.1 on a iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017). 64GB RAM, 8GB GPU, 2 scratch disks set... my computer meets or exceeds every PS system requirement, Photoshop shouldn't be lacking for any resources.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 16, 2020 0

Have something to add?