Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Contact Sheet without layer mask

Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to photoshop and trying to use contact sheet II from automate in order create a mosaic in Photoshop CS5 (Windows 7 64 bit). I have downloaded the optional plugins and installed them successfully.

When I try to generate the contact sheet with below settings, I am not seeing layer mask attached to each image. Do I need to enable any other settings to get layer mask for each image?

Capture.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Scripting did not change much between CS5 and CS6.   Try downloading a CS6 trial and copy the CS6 contact shee II script to you CS5 Scripts presets

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Check this video.

You might get help from this.

How to make a contact sheet in Adobe Photoshop CS6 - YouTube

Or Check this video for more details.

Creating a Contact Sheet in Photoshop CS6 - YouTube

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your prompt response Muqqarib Hassan

I am following similar settings if you check the image but still, there are no layer masks created for each image. It just adds the image without layer mask. Not sure why only images are loading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I appreciate it. If I am not wrong. I think we cannot create the contact sheet with layer mask. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Muqqarib,

I am following this video and I can see layer mask is being created for each image that is loaded into photoshop.

Photoshop Tutorial: How to Create Stunning, Photo Mosaic Portraits - YouTube

How to Create Photo Mosaic in Photoshop with very simple steps. - YouTube

Currently, this is what I'm seeing in the layers if I use contact sheet II

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Check this out. I go through the same setting as i saw in video and it worked for me

Screenshot_2.png.

For this I am suggesting reset your photoshop Preferences and reboot it then create contact sheet.

How to reset photoshop preferences.

To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut: Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or Click on the reset and reset the setting then reboot your photoshop.

Screenshot_3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting!! I have tried to reset but nothing happens. Even the values are not changing. Seems like my photoshop is acting weird. Will have a to look at restoring completely I guess.

Thanks a lot for trying it out at your end. Appreciate your timely help. Will keep you posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I ask you which version of photoshop you're using? I am using cs5 and by default contact search II is not loaded. I had to install them using option plugin. I feel CS5 does not support contact search II with the layer mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Contact Sheet II plugin doesn't create layer masks, but the Contact Sheet II script introduced in photoshop cs6 does.

You can use the ContactSheetX v2.2 from here in photoshop cs5 and that will create layer masks.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/ps-scripts/files/ContactSheetX/

cts1.jpg

cts2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeff. I have realized this later and followed the instructions provided by JJmack. This is now resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sianath the problem is solved.. but is this permanent?? i was thinking because you downloaded cs6 trial right and copied the script?

and have you tried Jeff's suggestion if you dont mind me asking?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your life permanent?? What is permanent?? Or what do you mean by permanent?? Will your version of Photoshop still be useable when you die. Do you know the date you will die?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh im very sorry. im new here.. im just thinking about maybe the script will also be gone after the trial end...
and after i search more and realize that i was wrong.. very much sorry.
BTW sir if you dont mind my PS version is CS% but it is a pre-release portable only

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mynameisqwick  wrote

BTW sir if you dont mind my PS version is CS% but it is a pre-release portable only

There is no such thing as a portable version of Photoshop.  You may not have a legitimate copy of Photoshop.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sir sorry because this was given only to me (laptop) so im very new to this i tried also jeff's but this alert comes out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mynameisqwick  wrote

sir sorry because this was given only to me (laptop)

What was given to only to you and by whom? What was given to you for free.  Is there some reason Adobe would give you a free copy of a new Photoshop version that is yet to be announced? Adobe own the Rights to Photoshop only Adobe can give away free copies of Photoshop. Adobe only markets Photoshop subscription plans these days. Adobe would not make a Portable version of Photoshop,

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes i know. sir its from my brother's because this is a old model laptop sir so it was handed to me. and i notice theres a photoshop that i been longed get my hands for.. i dont know where he gets it. for me im just asking here.

if this certain topic disturbs you then sorry... i didnt knew anything as i said im new to these thing all i want is to take my passion for graphic designing if possible.. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So it his Photoshop that you have. What version is it?  Portable is not a version use Photoshop menu Help About Photoshop it will display what version of Photoshop it is.  If  your bother no longer uses Photoshop he can Transfer his licence to you through Adobe using this link Transfer an Adobe product license

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yes seems like permanent solution. I have followed Jeff's solution to copy the script file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I've followed JJMack​ solution. Apologies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sir is it possible to send me a link of the script sir?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am using the Photoshop Cc 2014.  May be your CS5 version didn't support the layer mask function.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do not use Contact sheet II Flatten option, auto spacing and labeling options you may get the  mosaic you want. However, if you did not first process all your image to be the same size and aspect ratio. The mosaic produced may not be what you want.  Contac sheet II is design to preserve your images aspect ration and  resize them to fit within the rows and columns you set on the paper size  and print resolution you specify.

My Paste Image Roll script is designed to resize you image to print a particular size on roll paper.  Image are resize for the print Tile size and mask to the tile size specified for mismatch aspect ratios,  Once created images composition can be tweaked y moving the layers content within its unlinked layer mask.  Compare these two mosaics.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the resize idea JJMack I am facing the problem with the layer mask. I am not sure why there is no layer mask created for each image when they're added. If the layer mask is added to each image then my problem is solved. Seems like contact sheet II does not create layer mask on CS5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines