• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Content-aware fill option

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - sorry if this is a dumb question, but I have the $9.99 per month phography plan (PS, LR, LRC). All of my desktop apps are up to date, but I don't have the new 'content-aware fill' option under the edit menu. I have fill... (then select content aware), but I have none of those options where you can select the area to sample etc. (that I've been seeing loads of people demonstrate).

Is this because I have a certain version of PS with the CC monthly plan? Are there different plans that include other versions of PS?

I can't see under the plan guide what the different PS versions are and so I'm stuck. This is the ONE features I really need for editing my photos.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Your file associations are obviously set for v19 instead of v22, so that's the one that opens.

Reset all file associations to v22, either in Bridge or Windows Settings.

Generally, you need to watch file associations when you have multiple versions installed. The rule of thumb is that the latest installer activity, whatever it is, will take over the file associations. This means that you should follow strict version order in everything you do. When installing or updating, always start with th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop features are the same regardless of your subscription plan. Start by making a selection, then you should see Content Aware Fill in the Edit menu. Here's a tutorial https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/content-aware-fill.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not there - I have:

Fill

Then select content aware (with no options etc).

The Edit - content aware option isn't there for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ps edit.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ps edit 2.pngps edit 3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PS version 20.4 and can verify that content aware fill is there for 8 bit RGB image.  See screenshot.

image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact Photoshop version are you running? The separate menu item is pretty recent, previously it was only under Edit > Fill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it said CC v. 20 point something...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, that explains it. Then you need to update. The current version is 22.4.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jesús says it was new in PS CC 2019 (v. 20)

https://photoshoptrainingchannel.com/content-aware-fill-photoshop-cc-2019/

@emilys1970 : Can you go to Help > About and give us your exact version?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure - it says 19.1.9 - but when I go to my account and check for downloads and updates, it says it's up to date.   ðŸ˜ž

So how can I get the latest version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

emilys1970_0-1624245627995.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And weirdly it says from the screenshot above that I'm running 22.... but then when I open photoshop it says 19.9....

No clue what's going on there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it's saying all of my apps are up to date... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People often say "I'm up to date" without checking the numbers, and look for other problems when the REAL problem is that they aren't up to date... and that's the problem to solve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked the system requirements for Photoshop? It's possible that you can't instal the latest version because your computer doesn't meet the requirements. Here's the info. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Dell XPS 13 - 2 years old, very powerful so should be all fine... 

I dunno - I'll persist in trying to work this out! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your file associations are obviously set for v19 instead of v22, so that's the one that opens.

Reset all file associations to v22, either in Bridge or Windows Settings.

Generally, you need to watch file associations when you have multiple versions installed. The rule of thumb is that the latest installer activity, whatever it is, will take over the file associations. This means that you should follow strict version order in everything you do. When installing or updating, always start with the oldest and work through them in sequence. When uninstalling, start with the newest and work backwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I uninstalled the older file versions and it's fixed the problem - now it opens the new one! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines