• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Content Aware Fill Selection leaving outline artifacts - Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to use Content Aware Fill to remove objects using the Quick Selection Tool.

I'm finding that the Content Aware Fill  leaves an outline of the object I want to remove is there a way I can stop this occuring?

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That does not sound right, have you tried expanding your selection by several pixels?

What version of Photoshop are you working on? 

Could you please check this community thread and let us know if it helps? https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/eliminating-outline-with-content-aware-fill/td-p/10115742?p...

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sahil,

Thank you for your email.

I've checked the community thread and I have exactly the same issue susansherman reported.

I am using the 2020 version of Photoshop(Desktop version for Windows)- with the latest update.

As suggested, I've used the Modify command and tried 2 & 5 pixels with no effect whatsover.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same issue. I've tried expanding the selection but the same result happens. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that "solution" and, it didn't work for me.

So much so, I use Content Aware Fill sparingly.

Suggest that you use other tools such as Spot Healing/Content Fill etc and forget Content Aware fill as you will spent more time trying graduate into the the area and using other tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is September 2022 and I am having this issue with the latest version of Photoshop (23.4.2 - I have a photographer's subscription). When I use the object selection tool and select Fill-> content aware fill, a thin blue outline remains around the selection that I then have to go back and manually remove. It happens whether I use the Standard or Dissolve blend mode in the fill window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Just commenting to bump it up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working with Content-Aware Fill always begins with making a selection. You can use any of the selection tools to create the initial selection. The Object Selection tool is a good choice for selecting a single object when there are multiple objects in a scene.

1. Select the Object Selection tool in the Toolbar and drag a loose rectangle or lasso around the item you want to remove. The tool automatically identifies the object inside the area you define and shrinks the selection to the object edges.
  2. The Object Selection tool usually makes a tight selection at the edges of an object. Including some of the area around the object in the selection will help Content Aware Fill create a better fill. Choose Select > Modify > Expand and enter a few pixels—just enough to create a thin border between the edge of the object and the selection. In this case, we entered 8 pixels.
  3. Choose Edit > Content-Aware Fill to open the Content-Aware workspace. The view on the left displays a green overlay that identifies the sampling area Photoshop is considering as it chooses source detail to create the fill. The view on the right is a live preview of the fill, which will change as you refine the result using the tools and controls in this workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Neo. I used the Select - Modify - Expand solution using 2 pixels for the expansion amount and it resolved my problem. Tech support also helped me create an action for this step and assign a function key so now I can use the tool and press F11 to expand the outline quickly before selecting Edit - Fill - Content Aware. I also unchecked the default "hard edge" of  the Object Selection Tool to blend the fill more discreetly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines