Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Content-Aware Scale

Contributor ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to stretch an image horizontally using the Content-Aware Scale tool, but the picture scales both horizontally and vertically. Irrespective of whatever adjustments I make in the Options Panel, the result is always the same. I've included a pic of the settings that appear in the Options Panel.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Mark

contentaware.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Try holding the Shift Key while dragging to transform.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Have you tried hitting Shift when you do that?   They changed the way you scale in Photoshop starting with CC 2020 where it reversed what hitting shift when you scale an item would do (before, you'd have to hit shift to scale uniformly,  now, its the default and you have to hit shift to scale and it not be uniform) I hope that makes sense 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experience no problem along those lines, could you post a more complete screenshot? 

Are you trying to distort the image manually or numerically? 

Screenshot 2021-02-18 at 14.19.30.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try holding the Shift Key while dragging to transform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried hitting Shift when you do that?   They changed the way you scale in Photoshop starting with CC 2020 where it reversed what hitting shift when you scale an item would do (before, you'd have to hit shift to scale uniformly,  now, its the default and you have to hit shift to scale and it not be uniform) I hope that makes sense 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks everybody. Holding the Shift Key worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines