• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

continuous errors

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

every time I attempt to open photoshop from bridge I receive an error message that photoshop has to close and type a message and send the report.  and then with another attempt the same message box opens and freezes so I have to reboot and photoshop still doesn't work!  I did the update 5 days ago as well.  I tired of this!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you open Photoshop independently? Is the problem only when you try to launch Photoshop from within Bridge?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, and am opening Photoshop directly... not from within Bridge.  Specifically, the messages states as follows:  Sorry, an error occurred.  Adobe Photoshop has encountered a problem and needs to close.

The program then closes.  Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few things come to mind…

• Try resetting the Photoshop Preferences.
  • Check Photoshop is updated via the Adobe Creative Cloud app.
  • Try uninstalling/reinstalling Photoshop via the Adobe Creative Cloud app.
  • The Adobe Creative Cloud app allows for multiple versions of Photoshop to be simultaneously installed. Try installing another version and see if you get the same error. This might help clarify if the problem is with Photoshop or maybe Operating System related.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Michael... some follow-up questions:

1) How do I reset Photoshop Preferences if I can't even open the program?  Is that something done from Creative Cloud?

2) Yes, I've uninstalled/reinstalled... same problem persists... so, how do I install a different version from Creative Cloud when the only option is "INSTALL"?

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Launch Photoshop while holding down the following keys. Keep the keys held down until a dialog box appears asking if you want to delete the settings. Choose yes.
Mac: Command + Option + Shift
Windows: Control + Alt + Shift

This video will step you through the procedure...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw8_wahH0bc

2. The interface for the Creative Cloud app keeps evolving and changing. Look for the entry for Photoshop and look for an icon made up of three dots. Click on it and you should see an option to allow you to install "Other versions".

Best of luck mate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Michael, your guidance was very helpful and I've been able to get things working again on this end.

Please continue to stay safe and healthy...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fantastic. Thank you. Happy to help. Stay well yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines