• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Control + Option buttons have no affect in Photoshop anymore

Participant ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont understand why I cannot get any support or help on a situation that must be affecting more users than just me.  When tying to adjust the brush with holding down the Control and Option buttons together and then pressing the right mouse "click" button, has the same affect as if the buttons where not held at all.  Functions like increasing brush size and pressure no longer work, instead "we" (all of my friends) only get the dialog window, just as if the buttons were not pressed at all.

This is really fustrating.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bigbobbyd wrote: “When tying to adjust the brush with holding down the Command and Option buttons together and then pressing the right mouse "click" button”

The problem is probably that the shortcut you wrote is not correct for changing the brush size.

It should be: Press Control-Option and drag the left mouse button horizontally to change size, or vertically to change hardness.

The way you wrote it uses the wrong key (Command), and the wrong mouse button (right mouse button).

If you press Command-Option, that's for drag-copying with the temporary Move tool.

If you press the right mouse button, that's for opening the context menu.

The shortcut hasn't changed, and it's documented on the Photoshop web page Default keyboard shortcuts in the Use the Brush Panel section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, you are correct, the key is option+control.  Still doesnt work ;(

Its too bad that Windows users have no issues but mac users are just S.O.O.L.

Its as though the buttons arent even recognized when pressing.  I use a right mouse click which opens a dialog window with the brush settings, when pressing the Option-control buttons and as soon as I press the right mouse button, the same dialog window opens.  Previously it would allow me to drag horizonally and Vertically for brush changes.

Really sucks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mac users aren't SOL. I'm a Mac user and it works fine.

You wrote: “I use a right mouse click which opens a dialog window with the brush settings, when pressing the Option-control buttons and as soon as I press the right mouse button, the same dialog window opens. Previously it would allow me to drag horizonally and Vertically for brush changes.”

But in my reply, I already pointed out that the right mouse button is not, and has never been, used for this. You click (not right-click) while pressing Control and Option. Does it work for you if you Control-Option-drag instead of Control-Option-right-drag?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines