• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Control V, Control Click not working every time in latest version of PS

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what's going on in Photoshop 2020 but I have the latest version and when I copy and paste items, control+click on them to select them, it doesn't always work the first time. Many times I have to hit the keyboard shortcuts 2-3 times before they respond the way they should. It feels like it's not responding or lagging when I'm moving layers around and copying and pasting objects. Any ideas on what's going on? I'm on Windows 10.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anybody else been experiencing this problem? It's only happening on Photoshop 2020, I don't get it when I use 2018 which I keep having to revert back to because the newest version is buggy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Haven't noticed any issues ctrl clicking on layers to copy and paste them, have you tried a preference reset, you should backup any custom settings you have beforehand

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

image1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ill give this a shot shortly and see if it fixes the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok I tried deleting the preferences for 2020 but it didn't work. PS2020 is still noticeably more laggy and has the control + paste issues where you have to hit keyboard shortcuts multiple times for them to work. I also notice more lag when panning around the canvas that isn't happening in PS2018. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines