Highlighted

Convert a PSD File in to Vector File

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone,

I created a graphic in Photoshop that needs to be sent to the printer. I've set the color scale to CMKY at 300 PDI. However, I do not know how to vector file the entire graphic so that it is scalable sans pixel distortion.

I've searched through YouTube for potential solutions -- but, couldn't find exactly what I need.

Thank you, everyone.

–Bryan

TOPICS
FAQ, How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Convert a PSD File in to Vector File

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone,

I created a graphic in Photoshop that needs to be sent to the printer. I've set the color scale to CMKY at 300 PDI. However, I do not know how to vector file the entire graphic so that it is scalable sans pixel distortion.

I've searched through YouTube for potential solutions -- but, couldn't find exactly what I need.

Thank you, everyone.

–Bryan

TOPICS
FAQ, How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You sure put the cart ahead of the horse.  This may or may not be possible.  We need to see your image.

Generally speaking, Photoshop is a raster image editor.  When you need vector output, it's best to start with a vector graphic in Illustrator or Inkscape.  Vector is suitable for flat images & shapes like text, icons, emojis, cartoon characters.  It's not suitable for photos & gradients which are entirely pixel based.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scalable_Vector_GraphicsSource: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scalable_Vector_Graphics

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are all the layers in the PSD vector layers Shapes and Text layers . No raster layers.  If that is the case the PSD vector layres will be resized with vector graphics.   What kind if File does your printer want.    You may need to size that file for the print size you want saved from your resized PSD. 

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2020 0
jane-e LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Illustrator has a feature called Image Trace that can convert raster to vector. The success depends on the image (which we haven't seen) and the settings you choose in the options panel before you Expand.

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2020 0