Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert Image + Mask into rasterised image

Participant ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi;

I have extracted a subject from a picture, leaving the background transparent with a mask.

I now want to work on that image - stretching with transform, Liquid adjust, etc.

When I do that, the image stretches, but the mask remains as it was, so I can't stretch the image beyond the confines of the mask.

One way to do it is to create a smart object, which combines the mask into the image and then rasterise it, to make it transformable.

It does leave the background transparent, which is good.

Another way is to Copy it whilst selected and create a new image.

They just don't feel like elegant solutions. I guess there is a better way? I know I am missing something!

All ideas welcome, of course?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show a screen shot? Is your mask still linked to the layer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For liquify, you need to save the mesh, then reapply it to the mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's OK, thanks. It is as simple as I thought it must be. Select Subject then Cmd J to put it on new layer. Job done. Thanks for your help!

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a problem because a layer mask exist apply it get it out out the picture.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also a Layer Mask on a smart Object layer does not effect Smart filters the filter effects can be applied to all of the smart objects pixels.  You can see the Girle Eyes are mask out of the layer.  They are not masked for the smarts filters.  Only the Fileter mask,  mask the smart object from the filters.  The layer mask, mask the layer's filtered smart objetc.

image.pngCapture.jpg

You can edit the filter mask to adjyst what the filter effects.

image.png

image.png

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Its best to preserve your layers, adgustments, filters etc. However, there are times you need rasterize or merge layers to be able to do something.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines