• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert psd file to, or edit psd files with .ai or .indd

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a psd file on graphicriver a long while back, and I asked the seller if he could convert it to ai or indd for me and he did, and it worked great, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do that myself. Does anyone know how to do this? I'm not good with photoshop, so I'd rather edit in illustrator or indesign. Thanks for any tips.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is a pixel editor not a vector or editor like AI.  While some Pixel images can be converted to a vector image not all pixel  images can be converted to vector graphics. There would be too many complex Vector Paths layer's  to be practical.   Most likely exceed the  layer limit AI would have. Here is is a image I found on the web I converted to a not so bad vector image not  multiple colored or even 256  tones of gray.  Note the number of control points in the single layer vector path.  Which does not do justice to the original pixel image.  Imagine if you needed to handle 16 million colors a pixel image may have.

WebGrab.jpg

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can place the PSD in an Illustrator document or an InDesign document using File > Place.  In the options, make sure that the Link check box is disabled (this will make your resulting file larger, but will keep it self-contained).  Then save the AI or INDD as you would normally.

If it's a photo, you're already in the best application for editing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines