• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert PSD to json (svg format)

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please i will love to know how to convert a PSD file to a json file which has an svg format. attached is a sample of what the output should look like. design-3.json contains a beautify version while design-2.json is a minify version of the json output. Please any help that can make me archieve this will be greatly appreciated. as i really need this to complete my project...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can not really convert a Photoshop raster image layer into a vector file format. A photoshop Raster can also filters  and adjustment. There are also Smart object layer how do you add one toe a svg with text the represent a raster layer i would bet.   If you have a Photoshop  document that contains only vector layer I would think the Export as svg will create a svg image file that contains all vector items.  If  there were raster image layers and smart object layer and layer styles I would expect the SVG file will contains some text encoding of Photoshop Image Pixel data. Text and Shapes layer will have vector path and other encoding in the svg.  Photoshop is not a vector editor. Photoshop does have some vector tools.   Many file type are text files.  SVG are text files  HTML are text files.  Photoshop JavaScrip jsx file are text file,  json files are text files.  However the text in each is processed by a diffent sets of rules differently.  So json and svg are text files the  encoding|language|sysntax|Markup what ever you want to call it are not the same.  A json script should be able toe read a text file  like an svg  processing the would be quite and undertaking.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JJMack i really appreciate your reply sir, but do you know of any way i can design locally and export as a json file? not neccessarily a psd file. but something i can do locally and export as a json so i can use it in my project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

JSON (JavaScript Object Notation) Is an open standard file format use to exchange data. That extent of my knowledge.   I see more and more applications  on my system use json.  Adobe seem to hop on board  in PS 2020.  USes in Preferences, CCX, CEP, etc.  I'm sure if you use it  would be very useful in Photoshop scripting.  I have see some  Photoshop Javascripts that use json in  their processing. From the Photoshop folders I see json files in  I think Adobes is mostly using  json to support country languages.  The country folders wit common file names and in the files common  strings  to translate the country language.  

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines