• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert these grays to black

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello new to photoshop here, is there a way to convert this very specific shade of gray to black without changing anything else in the image there are more than 300 of these little buildings so masking them individually is a laborious task. adobe help 1.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

COMP.png

There are four tone levels in the plan other than the buildings. I have numbered them.

Duplicate the Background layer

Use the Magic Wand set to not Contiguous in the Optios bar and adjust the Tolerance so that only one of the tone levels is selected. Fill it with white. Repeat for each of the other three tone levels (NOT the buildings.) Fig 2.

Note  that the white area is not equally white. Increase the highlight contrast with Curves or Levels Fig 3.

Select the Buildings and fill them with Blac

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might hide some street names...

Untitled-2_-234849.jpg

I happened to use the Magic Wand (tolerance 2), Allow non-contiguous selections, and clicked once on a building, then on its outline. This seemed to select them all; maybe I got lucky. I feathered that with 0.5 px.  With the selection active, add an adjustment layer that can make it all black, like Solid Color, Hue/Sat, ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

COMP.png

There are four tone levels in the plan other than the buildings. I have numbered them.

Duplicate the Background layer

Use the Magic Wand set to not Contiguous in the Optios bar and adjust the Tolerance so that only one of the tone levels is selected. Fill it with white. Repeat for each of the other three tone levels (NOT the buildings.) Fig 2.

Note  that the white area is not equally white. Increase the highlight contrast with Curves or Levels Fig 3.

Select the Buildings and fill them with Black. Fig 4 

In the Layers panel change the Blending Mode to Multiply. Fig 5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you this worked wonderfully

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's clever Norman.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines