• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert to Frame is Grayed Out

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to convert an image outline (my dog's head) into a frame with the frame tool. I have the object selceted and set on it's own transparent layer. Every tutorial says to then go to layer>new>convert to frame, and that my outlined object will become a frame that I can fill with a smart object. However, everytime I go to click on "Convert to Frame" it is grayed out. I can't click on it. Am I missing a step? What is going on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Convert to Frame only works on text layers or shape layers. 

You could trace around the dog's head with the Pen tool (most accurate) or you could select the dog's head and in the Paths panel, convert the selection to a path.

Once you have a path, with the path selected you can choose Edit > Define Custom Shape. 

With the Custom Shape tool selected in the Tools panel and Shape selected in the Options bar, you can drag across the canvas to create a shape layer.

Now you will be able to choose Convert to Frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines