• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert to profile

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, just need to know what is the difference between esRGB and *wsRGB?? Thx 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Don't use either! The one you want is called sRGB IEC61966-2.1.

e-sRGB is an early, primitive and basically failed attempt at a wide gamut specification. It is long obsolete and today we use AdobeRGB or ProPhoto.

wsRGB is not an icc-specification profile at all. It is part of Windows Color System (which is a framework in development and presently not even fully implemented) and used for other purposes. It is not interchangeable with standard icc profiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_20191110_214801.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't familiar with e-sRGB, so I looked it up, too. As best I can tell, it's based on sRGB, with an extended gamut to allow encoding colors that fall outside the reproducible range on a standard computer monitor. My guess is that it's an effort to make sRGB a bit more print-friendly, but I don't know how it compares to Adobe RGB or ProPhoto RGB or why it might be preferable to either of those spaces in a color-managed system.

wsRGB seems to be based on the Windows Color System.

My advice is to steer clear of both and convert to sRGB-IEC61966-2.1 for online display or stay with Adobe RGB if going to print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your reply. Is just if I post any thing on Integram is chenging the colors. I'm no sure with profile should I use. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duplicate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the name of the program you use so a Moderator may move this message to that forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you want to know about converting to profile? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't use either! The one you want is called sRGB IEC61966-2.1.

e-sRGB is an early, primitive and basically failed attempt at a wide gamut specification. It is long obsolete and today we use AdobeRGB or ProPhoto.

wsRGB is not an icc-specification profile at all. It is part of Windows Color System (which is a framework in development and presently not even fully implemented) and used for other purposes. It is not interchangeable with standard icc profiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much much guys. Im so glad, I came here for help.

I have one more question 🙂 what about the print? What profile should I use for that? Adobe RGB? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For your document , use a document profile such as sRGB IEC61966 - 2.1 or Adobe RGB 1998.

For printing you select, in the print dialogue, the profile that represents your particular printer, ink, and paper combination. These are often supplied by the printer and paper manufacturers.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...in other words: the document profile is what it is. The document profile always stays with the document and you never need to change that. The conversion for print is carried out at the print stage, on the fly, as the file is sent to print.

Photoshop has two options in the Print dialog. One is called "Photoshop manages color", in which case you do it as Dave sketched above. Then Photoshop does the conversion, using the printer/paper/ink-specific print profiles, and sends the result to the printer. This is the preferred method for accuracy and flexibility, but requires that you have appropriate profiles available.

The other option is "Printer manages color". Then Photoshop sends the file, in its present document color space, directly to the printer - and the printer driver does the necessary conversion. This method is used if the printer does not come with dedicated profiles, as is often the case with inexpensive home printers.

In both cases you need to open the printer driver and pick the correct paper type, and turn printer color management on or off as the case may be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for your help. All clear now 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines