• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting a File from Illustrator to Photoshop

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am making a collage and I need to transfer it from Illustrator to Photoshop. I did File>Export>Export As and selected to duplicate the project as a psd file. This created another file in Photoshop, but when I open it I can't seem to see my art at all, it's just the standard grey background throughout (I attached an image below).

Both Illustrator and Photoshop are up to date, and I am using a Macbook Pro.

If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it! Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is not possible Photoshop is a Pixel editor where Illustrator is a vector editor.  You can place in Illustrator vector files into a Photoshop Document as a vector Smart Object Layer.  Photoshop does not have support for vector files. It can only import them as a single raster layer there will be no vectors in Photoshop for Illustrator vector files. Vectors are in the .SVG and .AI files and supported by vector editors like Illustrator.

Collage and Mockup templates need not be hard to use wit vector images.  However my Photoshop  Photo Collage and Mockup Toolkit's scripts do not support  populating templates with .SVG and AI images,  Though it would be easy to add that support to the Collage scripts for they use Photoshop Place to populate images,  The Batch Mockup Scripts though have a  edit option the opens replacements.  I never tried  to open vector file in Photoshop script for I know Photoshop would switch  from open to some importer, for vector files like .svg and .ai files,  The replace content feature is like Placer vector file would most likely work. 

Photoshop Photo Collage and Mockup Toolkit 

I do not install Illustrator so I tend not to support  .SVG and .AI file for Photoshop does support for vector file types.  Photoshop can use vector file content as a single  raster pixel layer not vector layers. Vector Smart Object Layer Vectors are in the layers object not the Photoshop Layer. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines