• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 23.2 full Support for WebP format

Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long awaited support for WebP images in Photoshop comes from Google.

https://developers.google.com/speed/webp/docs/webpshop

{Moderator note: Edited the thread title}

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Hi all,    

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.2. This update includes the full support for WebP. To see more detailed information check this: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/2022-1.html#support-for-webp   

To update Photoshop to 23.2, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating 

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why I allow Photoshop to update. The latest disaster of an update no longer allows to "Save As" any format other than .psd, .psb, .png or .tiff. We now have to "Save a Copy" if we want other formats, but in changing this they eliminated .webp. It knocks out the ability to save as .webp using the plugin. My WebPShop.plugin is still in the correct place but I can no longer save as .webp. This is male cow excrement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Phil,

Here's why Adobe had to make the change with "Save As" and "Save a Copy":

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/p-save-as-formats-have-disappeared-photoshop-22-4/m-p/12043...

Regarding the WebPShop plugin, not sure what issue you're having? Everything still works fine for me with Photoshop version 22.4.0 and WebPShop version 0.3.3 ...

"*.WEBP" appears at the bottom of the Save as type dropdown menu under the "Save a Copy" command. I haven't seen it missing.

You might try reinstalling the plugin and see if that helps.

https://github.com/webmproject/WebPShop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

July 2021 -Two year old problem still not addressed, or fixed, and plugins to solve it not working... Adobe should remove whatever business or political reasons they may have to not support a common format needed by professionals.  I just tried to open a WEBP file (to convert it to PNG) and can not.  I shut Photoshop and immediately started looking for new solutions.  At this point, I only use Illustrator, Photoshop and to some extent PDF...  makes my CC subscription look very expensive, and rather annoying because You waste time going to tools that are not functional. 

Screenshot 2021-07-22 at 3.09.03 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this rather easy, SaaS solution that can batch convert WEBP to many formats... CloudConvert

Hope it's helpful to someone out there - much more useful than the almost zero response from Adobe.  Come on, when did you guys stop being good?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That SaaS solution may be useful, but why not just use the official Photoshop plugin for WebP (https://developers.google.com/speed/webp/docs/webpshop)?  Webp was invented by Google, so there's something to be said for everyone using the same code (Google's) rather than making their own with a different set of mistakes. 

You say "plug-ins not working" - maybe there's something to solve but I don't see that discussion. The posts here seem to be about equally divided between people who demand a plug-in and people who tell them where it is - until the next person demands it. It's as if people pile on without reading anything. But maybe I'm being cynical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,    

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.2. This update includes the full support for WebP. To see more detailed information check this: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/2022-1.html#support-for-webp   

To update Photoshop to 23.2, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating 

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines