• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting Path to Selection

Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to convert a closed path to a selection, it selects pixels outside the path. Now I have to Invert the selection to get the selection I want.

How can I make Photoshop select pixels inside the path when converting a path to a selection ?

1.png2.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Check the setting for the Path operations before drawing a path. With a path selected, this value can also be changed after the fact. I suspect you want the default Combine Shapes but have it set to something like Subtract Front Shape. If you don't see these options running along the top of Photoshop, choose Options from near the bottom of the Window menu.

capture.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the setting for the Path operations before drawing a path. With a path selected, this value can also be changed after the fact. I suspect you want the default Combine Shapes but have it set to something like Subtract Front Shape. If you don't see these options running along the top of Photoshop, choose Options from near the bottom of the Window menu.

capture.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines