Highlighted

Converting Path to Selection

Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to convert a closed path to a selection, it selects pixels outside the path. Now I have to Invert the selection to get the selection I want.

How can I make Photoshop select pixels inside the path when converting a path to a selection ?

1.png2.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Michael Bullo | Adobe Community Professional

Check the setting for the Path operations before drawing a path. With a path selected, this value can also be changed after the fact. I suspect you want the default Combine Shapes but have it set to something like Subtract Front Shape. If you don't see these options running along the top of Photoshop, choose Options from near the bottom of the Window menu.

capture.jpg

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Converting Path to Selection

Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to convert a closed path to a selection, it selects pixels outside the path. Now I have to Invert the selection to get the selection I want.

How can I make Photoshop select pixels inside the path when converting a path to a selection ?

1.png2.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Michael Bullo | Adobe Community Professional

Check the setting for the Path operations before drawing a path. With a path selected, this value can also be changed after the fact. I suspect you want the default Combine Shapes but have it set to something like Subtract Front Shape. If you don't see these options running along the top of Photoshop, choose Options from near the bottom of the Window menu.

capture.jpg

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

capture.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2020 0