Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting this CMYK picture into 2 pantone colors

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello c:

I got a drawing I already made with the colors I want (I used the hex-code for the pantone colors). Now I want it in the pure pantone colors for print, black and pantone 328 u.

Is there a way to convert it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image posted is a .png so the original CMYK channels have been converted to RGB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop has very little support for pantone inks. You can convert to a duotone, in which case you will need to first Image > Grayscale and then Image > Duotone. But that won't give you seaparate black and pantone 328 inks. To do what you want, you will need to set up the pantone inks as spot colors in the Channels panel. There are some tutorials on the web explaining how to do that. This is one of them and there are others, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sddPWRJa5WI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have Adobe Illustrator, the process would be much easier to do and easier to edit if needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

will the printer actually be using those Pantone inks?

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer

[please do not use the reply button on a message within the thread, only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines