Highlighted

Cookie based authentication does not work starting from 21.1.x

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CEP: 8

Photoshop: 2020

I am working on an extension that accesses a page of our web app. To access, I need to put my creds in a central authentication system. After verifying the credential it sets a cookie in the browser and using that it authenticates every request.

While the authentication works till version 21.0.3, It doesn't work starting from 21.1. Whenever I hit the submit button, it just redirects to the same login page. I have tried to load few other sites which have similar authentication system and they also show the same behaviour.

I have enabled persistent cookies in the manifest. It doesn't help.

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cookie based authentication does not work starting from 21.1.x

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CEP: 8

Photoshop: 2020

I am working on an extension that accesses a page of our web app. To access, I need to put my creds in a central authentication system. After verifying the credential it sets a cookie in the browser and using that it authenticates every request.

While the authentication works till version 21.0.3, It doesn't work starting from 21.1. Whenever I hit the submit button, it just redirects to the same login page. I have tried to load few other sites which have similar authentication system and they also show the same behaviour.

I have enabled persistent cookies in the manifest. It doesn't help.

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 16, 2020 0

Have something to add?