• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copious issues with Photoshop 2020 and beyond, any ideas on possible fixes?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made the mistake of 'upgrading' from CC2019 to CC2021 yesterday and now I am plagued by an insane amount of issues that I've never experienced in this same quantity before. These combined make the program near impossible to use. The most notable ones are as follows: 

- The canvas freezes, but the rest of the program seems to retain functionality. Constantly requires closing and reopening the project.

- Pen pressure stops working, wont recognize my custom user preferences text file that was working perfectly fine literally earlier that day. Have to delete the file and enable Windows Ink which causes a slew of new issues.

- Some tools, most notably the zoom tool and sometimes the brush, have a ~1 second delay before it starts working.

- Brush strokes seem to lag at the beginning, causing curved lines to have a straight segment at the beginning of every stroke.

- The program, for no apparent reason, starts running extremely slowly when just 20 minutes before it was running very smooth. (When this performance hit happens, it usually signifies something has occurred that causes the previous issues but there is no apparent reason as to why this happens.)

I have tried almost everything from disabling smoothing, messing with performance options, uninstalling and reinstalling various tablet drivers and PS versions, messing with Windows Ink settings and WinTab, messing with PSUserConfig files (which were working fine just yesterday but now today apparently CC2021 won't accept this .txt file anymore), and many other things. If anyone knows anything to remedy even one of these issues I would be insanely grateful. Better yet, if there is any way to somehow get CC2019 again, that would be the best day of my life. Thanks. 

System Information:

Photoshop CC 2021 v22.2

I use a Huion Kamvas Pro 13 screen tablet

Windows 10 64-bit

GeForce RTX 3080

Intel i7-5930K 3.50GHz

16GB RAM

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC only offers one version back, so CC 2019 would not be offered anymore, you could try 

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2019-direct-download-links.html

In the future please don’t uninstall the version you currently use when upgrading until you know the upgrade meets your expectations. 

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on some of the issues? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea I will admit it was on me for selecting the remove previous version option, I just wasn't thinking when I check marked it. I have since then managed to get a version of 2019 working properly again with little issues. 

I have tried turning off Use Graphics Processor, as well as messing with the other settings in there like switching drawing mode to basic and adjusting cache levels etc., unfortunately didn't see any improvement. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All the same problems after upgrading to the latest version. This is a disaster. I'm going back to version 19

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines