Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm using the following specs below:

- iMac 27" Late 2013

- Mac OS Sierra 10.12.1

- Photoshop CC 2017

For some reason, the copy (Command+C) and paste (Command+V) shortcuts do not work on the colour panels a while ago, when the version was in CC 2015, and also now after updating to 2017. The copy and paste shortcuts work on the artboard/canvas though. And the funny thing is the commands work on other programs like Illustrator, it's only persistent in Photoshop.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop, resetting Preferences/Settings, installing latest Java for Mac. But the problem still persists.

Hopefully someone can help cause it's very irritating to have to use my mouse to right-click to copy/paste colour codes on Photoshop since I'm using it for work purposes.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

I can confirm that changing my keyboard to British solved this problem for me.  I've been unable to copy/paste to/from my hex field for a while now - was frustrating having to manually type out hex references!   Thanks so much Adam.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Control-click (or right-click) copy and paste fixes this for me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sahil.Chawla​, did you ping the Illustrator team about this? I can if you didn't do it, as it is not normal to change one's keyboard if it was not needed before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PECourtejoie , I guess there is a confusion here because I have not replied to this forum thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, but you have marked an answer as being correct...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, meant the Photoshop team...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I have not contacted the team about it yet, feel free to contact the Photoshop team regarding this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pinging David Mohr​ about this, since it seems to be a localization issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings from Finland. Changing the keyboard layout in Mac Os X Sierra from "Finnish - Extended" to "Finnish" also fixed this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same problem, when on Slovenian keyboard the copy, paste functions are not working but if I switch on US keyboard it works normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy Lenart,

What seems to be the problem with Slovenian keyboards on Mac?  I just tried it and didn't see an issue.  What OS version and PS version are you running.  I only see one Slovenian layout, so I assume we're using the same one.  Please let me know.

Thanks,

David

p.s. -- we are still looking into the ABC Extended issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also been having this problem for some time but with the Maori input source. Another shortcut that doesn't work is the cmd+tilde shortcut to switch to the next tab. However cmd+shift+tilde to go to the previous tab does work.

In all cases switching to the US input source fixes it.

My keyboard is the standard US mac one. OS X 10.12.6. PS 19.0.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this issue out of nowhere.

I changed my RGB working space to sRGB and the problem went away.

To do the same thing, go to Edit > Color Settings > Working Spaces > RGB: > sRGB IEC61966-2.1

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm having the same issue. Any help would be highly appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing the keyboard setting from "ABC Extended" to "ABC" fixed this for me! Works fine with British too but I didn't want to deal with £ replacing the # when I press shift-3, plus any other possibly differences.

Running an iMac 2017 with Sierra 10.12.6 and Photoshop CC 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines