• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy from AI and paste in PS not working

Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From today I cant just drop and drag my AI artwork to a Photoshop, neither just copy and paste as Smart Object turn PS into the long loading and then this message appears: Could not complete the Paste command because the clipboard data is empty or invalid.

Until yesterday it works well everyday, I suspect the last update was break it. Im running Adobe CC (latest) on M1 Macbook Pro 13, 16GB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

We are aware of an issue when pasting vector content into Photoshop while Illustrator and Photoshop are NOT both running under Rosetta; Apple says the issue is fixed in 11.3; anybody running into this issue on 11.3 or later?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The last update appeared to have broken several things. Try File > Place to place your Illustrator file into Photoshop to see if that works. I can't test it as I do not have an M1 and have not updated to the 22.3 version of PS. If you think its a bug, report it to the engineers here:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Place method works well. But it isnt my case, i dont want to save every vector piece to separate file and then placing it into PS artwork. I just want to make some vector tag etc. and just drag and drop it into PS as Smart object as I used to do entire my life 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user forum and we do not work for Adobe. I use the drag and drop all the time, but don't see the issue as I am still on 22.2 with an older iMac. When you report the bug to the Adobe engineers here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/ , then please post the link back in this thread so others will see it and add comments there.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, i know. I already send them report of the bug. Thank you 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes it's driving me crazy too. Not only that but it is also affecting the rest of my cut and paste. And it's also lagging in Photoshop start up. Spinning wheel does not stop spinning. I have no choice but to roll back to the version before this update. Once done, my  M1 Macbook pro runs perfectly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Please add to that thread so the product developers know it's affecting multiple folks. I'll mark this "correct" for now until there is a real fix.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a way around this bug. Usually this error happens when you try to copy an object inside a clipping mask. Try to release it from the clipping mask, then copying to Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We are aware of an issue when pasting vector content into Photoshop while Illustrator and Photoshop are NOT both running under Rosetta; Apple says the issue is fixed in 11.3; anybody running into this issue on 11.3 or later?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines