Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy paste from Indesign into Photoshop gives a pixelated result

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Forumreaders,

When I receive a beautyfully sharp Indesign document. I copy paste the content from the document into photoshop and the result is terrible pixelated.

Does anyone has a solution?

Best regards,

Sjoerd

see attached image: left is in Indesign. Right is copy paste in Photoshop

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Untitled-8.jpg

That's vector art, which is always rendered at full screen resolution in a vector-based application like InDesign or Illustrator.

Photoshop is a pixel-based raster image editor. Everything will be rendered at the document's actual pixel resolution (apparently not very high here).

Vector is scalable mathematical formulae. Pixels are discrete data points and not scalable. There's nothing "wrong" with Photoshop here, it's just not designed for working with vector data. That's why we have Ill

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

You can export out of InDesign to Photoshop as a jpg. Much cleaner method as it allows you to set the resolution, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please embedd your images in the post so that other users here don't have to download them to see them.

Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 4.45.12 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks I'll do it next time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what reason you want to import in photoshop ?

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a HTML email. I slice the images there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled-8.jpg

That's vector art, which is always rendered at full screen resolution in a vector-based application like InDesign or Illustrator.

Photoshop is a pixel-based raster image editor. Everything will be rendered at the document's actual pixel resolution (apparently not very high here).

Vector is scalable mathematical formulae. Pixels are discrete data points and not scalable. There's nothing "wrong" with Photoshop here, it's just not designed for working with vector data. That's why we have Illustrator and InDesign.

(EDIT: for web, you probably want .svg. Do it from Illustrator.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your explanation. 

After when I have posted this Issue, I saw this option. However it took me a long time finding out (not so experienced I guess)

Anti-Alias

Untitled-12.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screen shot shows zooms of 500% and 3200%. As @c.pfaffenbichler said, change the zoom to 100% before you decide how pixelated it is.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Even on 100% the result is a very pixelated image 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post a screenshot taken at View > 100% with the pertinent Panels (Layers, Channels, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Is »Anti-alias« checked in the Options Bar when pasting the SO? 

Edit: Just saw that the OP had figured it out themselves already. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can export out of InDesign to Photoshop as a jpg. Much cleaner method as it allows you to set the resolution, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines