Highlighted

Copy/paste to frames

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop CS5 on my iMac and CC on my MacBook. Lately I’ve been toying with the Animation (Timeline).  So in CS5 even after I create frames from layers I am able to copy and paste from one layer to another. In CC I am unable to do so, and I can’t find a way to convert them back to regular layers after I’ve created the timeline.

Copying elements from one frame to another and then checking the motion seems to be fundamental. Any ideas on how to do any of that in CC? 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Copy/paste to frames

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop CS5 on my iMac and CC on my MacBook. Lately I’ve been toying with the Animation (Timeline).  So in CS5 even after I create frames from layers I am able to copy and paste from one layer to another. In CC I am unable to do so, and I can’t find a way to convert them back to regular layers after I’ve created the timeline.

Copying elements from one frame to another and then checking the motion seems to be fundamental. Any ideas on how to do any of that in CC? 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 17, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't follow what you wrote. What you wrote does not seem to be correct to me. Frame in a frame animation are the composite view of the layer visible in the frame in the layer palette. Where you positioned the layer content for the frame or where tween positioned the layers for the frame's composite.  You can Copy and Paste Frames between Frame animations that still this creates layer in the layer stack.   You do not past into frames you add frames and make layers visible in the frame in the layers palette and you and you position the layers content for the frame composite.  You also do not paste into a layer paste will add a new layer.  Frame are not layers  you can create frame with layers you can not create layer from a frame.  However, you should be able to copy a frame into the clipboard the paste a layer into   your document layer stack.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I will do some more experiments to see if it
comes clear. I understand that copy/paste in PS creates a new layer,
However it is possible to merge the layers in CS5 which modifies the
associated frame. It doesn't appear to work that way in CC. If I copy a
portion of a layer it creates a new frame and I can't merge the layers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now it seems to be working that way (with a simple experiment). I must have
had something balled up. Thanks again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0
JJMack LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good to here

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 0