Highlighted

Copying an adjustment layer to another image

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's say I have to images open in Photoshop CS4 / Mac (IMG-A and IMG-B. I am making some adjustment layer in IMG-A and I want to be able to copy it to IMG-B. How do I do that?
If you go to Window menu/Arrange/"Float all in Windows":
the images will no longer in Tabs, you will be able to drag-copy the layers between the different images.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Copying an adjustment layer to another image

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's say I have to images open in Photoshop CS4 / Mac (IMG-A and IMG-B. I am making some adjustment layer in IMG-A and I want to be able to copy it to IMG-B. How do I do that?
the images will no longer in Tabs, you will be able to drag-copy the layers between the different images.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 06, 2009 0
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All you need to do is drag the actual adjustment layer from one image to the other. Simple as that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2009 0
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that's what I used to do in Windows. However, in Mac OS X this
is not working.

I have Photoshop CS4 and Mac OS X 10.5.6

Catalin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2009 0
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

11 Years later.

I found that you can't move adjustment layers if one is in CMYK and one is in RGB.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

halarious! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2020 0
D Fosse LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Considering that RGB adjustments don't apply in CMYK and vice versa - just think about it once more and I'm sure you understand why.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean I have all images each in it's own tab. I am dragging the adjustment layer to the tab of the target image but nothing happens.

What do I do wrong?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2009 0
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2009 0
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ann, now it all works.

Thanks to everyone who replied trying to help!

Catalin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2009 0