• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copying Crop Presets file

Participant ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is the best place to put this as it is really a full Photoshop rather than an Elemenst matter!

Some years ago I used a version, no idea which, of full Photoshop to create some metric A series crop presets.

The presets are held in:-

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\Required\Default Tool Presets.tpl (at least in CS2)

I use Photoshop Elements and even in 2021 there are still only inch sizes preset crops. In 2021 the location is:-

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2021\Locales\en_US\Support Files\Default ELTool Presets.tpl

My old "Default ELTool Presets.tpl" works in Elements 2021. However I now need to edit the tpl file. This cannot be done in Elements so I added my new requirements to a version of CS2 I found online; the presets work in CS2 but when the tpl file is copied and rename to Default ELTool Presets.tpl the new metric crops do not show. I can confirm that the new copied file size is the same in Elements as in CS2.

I wonder if there was a change between the version of Photoshop I originally used to create my working Metric crop preset and the way CS2 handle added presets e.g. does it hold added presets in a seperate file?

Any advice please on getting metric present in Elements?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

@athegn wrote:

I added my new requirements to a version of CS2 I found online;

Photoshop CS2 is no longer available from Adobe so what you "found" is a pirated version. We cannot assist.

Here are the legal plans Adobe is currently offering:

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@athegn wrote:

I added my new requirements to a version of CS2 I found online;

Photoshop CS2 is no longer available from Adobe so what you "found" is a pirated version. We cannot assist.

Here are the legal plans Adobe is currently offering:

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I thought there was something about CS or CS2 that I could legitimily use. I have now looked at my plans and find I had CS registered in 2005, which sounds about right for when I switched to Elements.

Having got my legal license number I now need to get my original CD! After a number of major house changes I have no idea where that is; a search in the attic has revealed nothing.

Where can I download a legal copy so that I can use my license; I assume because it is still in my Plans it is still valid?

Any help welcomed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines