Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copying from Illustrator and pasting to Photoshop causes crash 22.3

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated Photoshop to 22.3 yesterday. Illustrator also updated to 25.2.1

I'm no longer able to copy and paste elements from Illustrator into Photoshop. Photoshop locks up as soon as the element is pasted.

I reproduced it several times and figured the issue has to do with the updates. I uninstalled Photoshop 22.3 and resinstalled 22.2, which solved the problem. I can now copy and paste from Illustrator to Photoshop.

I've reviewed similar posts which indicated disabling hardware accelleration, but I did not try that before uninstalling, unfortunately. I will be sticking with 22.2 for now.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS? I just tried to repro several different ways without problems. Windows 10 x64 with an NVIDIA card and latest drivers.

Is this a laptop with two GPUs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I tried to reproduce your issue… but it works fine over here. My Hardware/GPU acceleration is on.

What did you paste into PS? as Pixel, Smart-Object, Vector Shape, Path?

Most important: What OS are you working on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@War Unicorn @Joely I aplogize for the lacking info - busy morning.

OS - Win10 version 1909

Yes, it's a laptop - Asus with only 11GB RAM - Intel GFX 620 GPU. Also has the secondary NVidia 940MX adatpter, but I have it disabled for all Adobe apps - I've had issues in the past and disabling it has resolved them.

I had the hardware acceleration set to the embedded Intel GPU - but I wonder if, after the update, it switched back over to the NVidia. I will definitely reinstall PS 22.3 and take more time to troubleshoot. Time didn't allow for that this morning unfortunately - deadlines and all 🙂

Also - I was pasting the simple Illustrator object into Photoshop as "Pixels".

Thanks for your assistance - I will update when I have a chance to revisit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouldn't the NVIDIA adapter be the more powerful one? The purpose of two adapters is for the system to switch to a "low power" mode to save on battery. I could have sworn the Intel is the more generic of the two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Steve1925 

Others have reported issues with copying from Illustrator and pasting to Photoshop with 22.3. A thread has been started on the feedback forum for bug reports. Please add to this thread for the product developers:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/copy-from-ai-and-paste-in-ps-not-working/604b...

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines