• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copying Photoshop CC 22.01 from one mac to another

Participant ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now live in a rural area of South Africa where internet speed is very slow and data expensive. I use Photoshop (subscription model) on both my iMac and MacBook Pro.

To update Photoshop recently, I took my MacBook Pro to a nearby city, where down speed is much faster. When I returned home I tried copying the updated Photoshop app (via flash stick) from the MacBook Pro to the iMac, however that doesn't work as Creative Cloud does not recognize the updated version on the iMac. Seems besides copying the app,  I need to also move various related library files.

Is there an easier way to go about such a transer? If not, can someone set out the various library folders or files that also need to be transferred between machines. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

The link below is to a website that for many years has helped people get legitimate offline installers. See whether the suggested method would work for you, under the heading New 2021 Direct Download Links Now Available on that page: “Just reach out to Adobe’s Customer Care team via live online chat, and they will immediately give you temporary links to download offline installers for all the 2021 apps that you need.”

https://prodesigntools.com/creative-cloud-2021-direct-download-links.html

Wi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

But that stop with CC 2019.  Now you have to get access from Adobe these days. Prodesigntools website just redirect you to contact Adobe provides a link and tell you what the ask for.  Stating Adobe can provide you access if you need it. It does not state what a constitutes a need for the download.  Adobe does not want everyone having such a download.  I would not want Photoshop 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not copy you need to install Photoshop so it is configured as an application on your system.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that. However it's just not practical/feasible to transport the iMac. There must be a way to accommodate multiple

machine upgrades.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you download the creative cloud desktop application and install it then use it to install  Photoshop on all the machines you need photoshop installed on. You have to connect to the web and connect to Adobe to install and activate photoshop. Once installed the machines can share all your cloud assets. You do not need to move any machine. Or even connect machines. Howeverm if you have a gigabit home network networking disk is faster access.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand the part about using Creative Cloud to install Photoshop etc. However, if I open Creative Cloud on the iMac, it will install Photoshop ever so slowly here (5mbps down - tops) and use a significant amount of expensive data in the process.  What would be ideal: the ability to transfer apps from one machine to another without utilizing the internet except for the authorization process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"However if you have a gigabit home network networking disk is faster access".

Missed this part of your last response. My only internet data access is via a 4G portable wifi router that connects to the nearest cell tower. Connections such as Fibre etc. are not available in my area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link below is to a website that for many years has helped people get legitimate offline installers. See whether the suggested method would work for you, under the heading New 2021 Direct Download Links Now Available on that page: “Just reach out to Adobe’s Customer Care team via live online chat, and they will immediately give you temporary links to download offline installers for all the 2021 apps that you need.”

https://prodesigntools.com/creative-cloud-2021-direct-download-links.html

With an offline installer, you would be able to download it where you have fast Internet, then bring it to the location where Internet is too slow to install online.

By the way, you’re correct that the reason your Photoshop copy did not work is that, like many Mac apps, it’s tied into a lot of associated support files and cloud licensing files in folders such as ~/Library/Application Support. If those files are not present, it won’t work, and those files have to be put in the proper places by the installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But that stop with CC 2019.  Now you have to get access from Adobe these days. Prodesigntools website just redirect you to contact Adobe provides a link and tell you what the ask for.  Stating Adobe can provide you access if you need it. It does not state what a constitutes a need for the download.  Adobe does not want everyone having such a download.  I would not want Photoshop 2021

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I have gone down this path. However there's usually a month or so lag between the release date of an app change and its availability for separate download. The crazy part: the Adobe agent was unable to tell me whether the link Adobe was providing was for the latest version. It was only after downloading the app I could discern the actual version number. 🤦🏻‍:male_sign:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines