• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copyright & Taking Pictures of Other People's Art

Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a question regarding copyright. I went to a garden and they had displays of beautiful art work (attached is an example). I used photoshop to lighten or contrast the image to make the photo pop-out, but other than that, it is the same art work. Can I post this picture I took of this art work on my site? I'm not sure if this is a copyright issue. I mean, it's my photo, but the art work is not mine. 

20.jpg

 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You own the copyright on your photo, but it uses copyright designs by someone else. So you would need permission from that copyright owner, just as someone who wanted to post a photo containing your photo would need your permission. If you get permission it may have conditions attached (such as, only for personal use, not to promote a business; this is part of the fee negotation).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotcha...that's the information I needed. Yeah! I'm not putting the art work on my website. Thanks for the feedback. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are volunteers on this forum and can't give legal advice. You might want to consult an attorney. Here is a link to the copyright law and all of its amendments:

https://www.copyright.gov/title17/

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I'm NOT  putting the couple of photos I took on my website. Not a good idea. I was just wondering. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines