• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Core Sync folder moved to (D:) Hard Drive - now files won't load due to not being compatible

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Core Sync folder was taking up 147gb of storage so I had to move it to my second HD, now everytime I load a Photoshop Image from Cloud Documents I receive an error message saying - could not open psdc because the file is not compatible with this version of Photoshop. I was expecting a could not find message where I could select a new directory. 

These files have all been editing recently, also when searching in the Core Sync folder their are huge files but nothing psdc files to load. You can find the odd PNG to give away what image the folder is linked to. 

Any ideas on how to load these files back into Photoshop? I cannot move back to the previous directory in the C: drive due to a lack of space.

Moved from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to a better forum... Mod
To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue of Core Sync folder filling up the space on my hard drive... Would be good if I could move it somewhere else, but so far I couldn´t find a way to do it without breaking the psdc files.. 😞 

Anyone has some advice on it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I NEED HELP ON THIS TOO.
im screwed... need to work and it doesnt run after i moved it to D drive.............

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

moving the Core Sync folder is a bad idea unless you know what you are doing i.e, it has to be installed not just moved

also people finding their C drive fulling up should check their backup library folder location... this is where Adobe [by mistake] stores a copy of every file used in their library for no good reason and this marked folder can be deleted to get back your c drive space

Screenshot (4444).png

p.s, this issue is caused by creative cloud dev team {not Photoshop} and was reported twice {by me}... they know all about it and the two work arounds are to set your copy of Windows to store files outside the c drive [advanced] or just keep deleting the backup folder to get your space back \ disable cloud sync also stops it auto refulling

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thx alot!!! i will try and just delete creative cloud and reinstall it on D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I might have found a temporary solution, if you access the Creative Cloud website and go to the files that won't open on the app. You can make a copy of them which will download to your computer and open in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines