Highlighted

Corner handles won’t drag and Photoshop freezing

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m using free transform distort.
Trying to align to the grid by dragging corner handles. The corner handles move freely at lower magnifications but at maximum (12,800%) they are completely frozen.
Worked fine before recent update.
I vaguely remember this happening after an update and being corrected at another update.

Don't think it is a memory problem:

PS set to use 80% of available memory.
Task manager shows @ usage during task:
51% of RAM free
90% of CPU free
98% of HD free

(Thread renamed by moderator}

Topics

Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Corner handles won’t drag and Photoshop freezing

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m using free transform distort.
Trying to align to the grid by dragging corner handles. The corner handles move freely at lower magnifications but at maximum (12,800%) they are completely frozen.
Worked fine before recent update.
I vaguely remember this happening after an update and being corrected at another update.

Don't think it is a memory problem:

PS set to use 80% of available memory.
Task manager shows @ usage during task:
51% of RAM free
90% of CPU free
98% of HD free

(Thread renamed by moderator}

Topics

Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That does not sound good, as Photoshop is freezing when you try to move the corner handles to transform an object, would you mind telling us the version of Photoshop and the operating system you're working on?

Could you please try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

If that does not help, then you may try these steps to optimize Photoshop's performance: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil

I tried shutting off the processor and re starting PS earlier and again just now per your request - that didn’t help. I ran thru the optimizing suggestions and they are Ok.
I don’t see this as performance issue – I suspect a setting changed in the update.
I should add the corner does move in a jerky fashion and I can’t place them at the point of the grid I desire. So, not exactly frozen.
I’m trying to remember…. there was something about the document that prevented the corner handle from smoothly moving to the place I wanted ….it wasn’t ‘ snap to’ but something global.....

Adobe Photoshop Version: 21.1.2 20200410.r.136 2020/04/10: efaf3fa4e40 x64
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
Version: 10 or greater 10.0.18362.329
Processor speed: 3600 MHz
Built-in memory: 16288 MB

Thnx for any help.

Bob

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

Did you ever find a solution? I am having the exact same thing happen when I try to use Free Transform > Distort.

Thanks!

Nina

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nina

Nothing has changed. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still nothing ....tried changing cursor settings but that didn't help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Udated PS, Bridge, & Raw today  - problem still unresolved.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Bwp3 LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was really excited to see the latest update ( July 24 2020) – it  lists  the type of bug fixes that  would apparently fix this problem, but after updating PS & BR nothing has changed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines