Corrupt PSD layered files

Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had two PSD files corrupted in the past two days. 

No software crash. No hardware crash. Everything appears to function normally. 

The second file, I saved, shut Photoshop down. Walked away. Returned a short while later to find the file corrupted. The two paths that were in the file are in tact, but nothing else. All layers gone.

Outside of these two recent file problems, everything has been fine. No new procedures, no plugins, nothing out of the ordinary.

File had been saved, closed, reopened numerous times throughout the day. As normal.

MacBook Pro 15-inch Retina

MacOS Big Sur

Photoshop 22.01

Anyone else?

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Corrupt PSD layered files

Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had two PSD files corrupted in the past two days. 

No software crash. No hardware crash. Everything appears to function normally. 

The second file, I saved, shut Photoshop down. Walked away. Returned a short while later to find the file corrupted. The two paths that were in the file are in tact, but nothing else. All layers gone.

Outside of these two recent file problems, everything has been fine. No new procedures, no plugins, nothing out of the ordinary.

File had been saved, closed, reopened numerous times throughout the day. As normal.

MacBook Pro 15-inch Retina

MacOS Big Sur

Photoshop 22.01

Anyone else?

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 02, 2020 0
D Fosse LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like classic corruption caused by malfunctioning hardware. Usually a drive starting to fail, or bad RAM. Get your backups in order until you've identified the failing hardware.

If you're using external drives pay particular attention to all cables and connections. Cables wiggle and connectors loosen.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 02, 2020 0