• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could deleting Photoshop have deleted an unrelated folder?

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I lost one whole folder full of my art today and I am quite confused as to how one folder just suddenly goes missing. The folder in question had a few .psd files I used briefly before my trial ran out. I deleted Creative Cloud and the Photoshop program from my laptop, and then when I went to use my primary art program, Clip Studio Paint, I noticed that all of my files were gone. Only a few recent backups remained. I tried recovering the files, to no avail.

I know that this can't be remedied as the files are permanently gone, but I do want to know how they could just disappear like this? Does deleting photoshop also delete all .psd files from folders, and possibly the folders with it?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, PS will not delete a folder if you have anything in it that isn't original installation files. I put my own scripts and presets in Adobe folders, and when I uninstall that version of PS, those folders will not be removed. Something else must have happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

An accidental drag and drop in an utility like windows file explorer can move a folder in a blink of you a eye. Try searching you disk for you folder see if  it has been moved.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines