• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could I change the Photoshop shortcut key for toggle between brush modes? [OSX 10.14.6]

Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could I change/define the Photoshop shortcut key for toggle between painting (Normal mode) and erasing (Clear mode) of brushes?

How I do it?

In the article https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/2020.htmlunder New Shortcuts:

Paint and erase with the same brush

Use the ~ tilde key (below the escape or Esc key) to toggle between painting and erasing with the same brush tip

This new shortcut don't works in my Photoshop (21.2.0, under macOS Mojave, 10.14.6, Magic Keyboard US international).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, apperently these shortcut is not on te keyboard shortcuts menu, so there is no way to to remap to another key. My keyboard has the brazilian layout, so I can't use the tilde key to toggle between the two modes. My only option is the Alt-Shift-R (for clear mode) and Alt-Shift-N (for normal mode), witch is a horrible shortcut and only slows down my workflow. 

If anyone know if it's possible to remap these hotkeys please  help, I've been searching for hour fr a viable option and just can't fund it 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BR:
Pelo que pude apurar, esse atalho de teclado funciona perfeitamente apenas se o macOS está com teclado configurado para idimoa Inglês.

EN:

As far as I can see, this keyboard shortcut only works perfectly if macOS has the keyboard set to English.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works for me on Windows but not to switch between Normal and Clear blending modes, Tilde must be pressed all the time and blending mode won't change but Brush will start erasing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, that works only if you are using the english keyboard layout 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines