• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

could not complete the liquify command because of a disk error in Photoshop 22.1

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot use liquify tool in photoshop 22.1.

Crashed.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Would you mind installing the version 21.2.4 of Photoshop from the Creative Cloud Desktop app and let us know if the isuse with Liquify tool still persists? 

See: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html 

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that you're getting an error message "could not complete the Liquify command because of a disk error" while using the Liquify filter in Photoshop 22.1

What is your computer's operating system? 

Would you mind restoring the preferences for Photoshop & see if it helps? See this article for reference: https://t.co/ulJI7cGn1G You may want to backup your settings beforehand: https://t.co/4dX7gkr36D

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my computer's specification.

Untitled-1.jpg

I tried using the keyboard shortcut method but the same problem is still occured. 

Untitled-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the details. Would you mind  checking the steps mentioned in this article https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/invalid-numeric-entry-integer-96-8-required-photoshop.html and let us know if that helps? 

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im able to access the Performance settings in the Preferences dialog.

Untitled-3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please trt the suggetions offered in the solution marked in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/invalid-numeric-entry-integer-96-8-required-photoshop.html#Solu...

Let us know the outcome.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean create a new registry and delete it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is new version of Photoshop v22.1.1 that was released recently. Would you mind updating to the latest version and let us know if that helps?

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now it become more serious. Adobe creative cloud is corrupted, all the adobe apps can't opened. The dialog keep popping out asking me to repair as it is missing or damaged. After i click repair, it starts to reinstall and corrupt again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the trouble caused. I'd recommend that you start fresh by removing all Adobe apps(I guess you have Creative Cloud and Photoshop installed) and then reinstall them.

Please use Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to remove all Creative Cloud apps from your computer. Here's the link: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Let us know the outcome.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had removed the CC apps successfully. When I tried to reintall the creative cloud and other apps, the installer was not responding after I clicked it. I tried to disable my antivirus and firewall, and the installer was still not responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I can install the CC apps after repairing my window system. 

Although I installed the updated version of photoshop, yet thus far the problem still remains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

take Normal or Basic in Drawing mode in Graphics processor mode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed the drawing mode and the problem doesnt resolve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind installing the version 21.2.4 of Photoshop from the Creative Cloud Desktop app and let us know if the isuse with Liquify tool still persists? 

See: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html 

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it works. OMG, thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try disabling graphics card use

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same error on a Mac Mini running Big Sur version 11.1 and Photoshop version 22.1.1.

I have an external graphics card, if I disable it, the error goes away, but Liquify is totally unuseable.

I have configured different drives as scratch disks, and there is loads of free space on them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same error on my Mac mini running Catalina 10.15.7 and latest version of Photoshop. If I unplug my external graphic card and run photoshop with my internal graphicard the Liquify tool works fine. I have also tested Liquify on my Hackingtosh running smillar hardware as Mac mini (same graphic card) and there is no error with Liquify tool.

I also noticed fall in Adobe programs quality of use. Tasks that used to take me couple of minutes now take me longer. I do not have the proof but I have the feeling that its taking me longer to edit photos from my Nikon D850 in Lightroom and Photoshop (photoshop is bearly digesting 16 bits psd files from D850).

I cleaned my Mac, have 150 GB free space on scratch disk, 32GB of ram of which I delegated 25GB to Photosop when in use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now managed to get it to work.

Go into Preferences / Advanced Graphics Processor Settings, and tick the box at the bottom 'Use native operating system GPU acceleration'. I have the top three optins ticked as well and use Normal drawing mode.

It should then work.

This may sacrifice some graphics performance, but at least liquify now works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same error when trying use Liquify.  I have PS ver 23.4.2 running on a Mac Book Pro with MacOS Catalina 10.15.7.  
I looked though this thread for some solutions and saw someone suggesting a change to the Preferences/Graphics Processor Settings (which on 23.x is in Preferences/Performance..).  But I don't have an option to edit the current selection (which is NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M). Please advise.  I need to use Liquify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just solved similar issues with customer. 

Desktop PC, integrated Intel graphic, dedicated AMD Radeon 7700 graphic card. 
In Settings menu he had correctly AMD Radeon 7700 set to enabled. But his monitor/display was connected to the HDMI port of integrated Intel card. 

Photoshop message about "disk error" in such case is absolutely misleading for user. Simply reconnect display to dedicated card solved issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting this same error.  And I just upgraded to the newest version today.  It didn't fix it.  I went to the link but the version they tell you to revert back to isn't available.  Now what do I do to fix this error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had such problem today after updating Photoshop to 23.5.1. The problem disappeared with installing 23.0 version.
I work on old but "normal" computer. It can work fast, I know it for shure. All I have to do - NOT TO UPDATE it's software)))))) 
iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013), 16 GB RAM, Macintosh SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1 GB

MacOS Catalina 10.15.7 (19H114)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines