• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not complete the liquify command because the file was not found?

Explorer ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just finally updated Photoshop to 2017.1.1 (I know, I'm somewhat slow to bite the upgrade bullets) and I'm having a problem with the liquify tool. When I go to use liquify, this is the error that pops up

Could not complete the liquify command because the file was not found.

This error pops up on any image I try it on. I even tried opening a psd that already had a liquify layer in it, and when I clicked on the layer the same above error popped up.

However, since I still have Photoshop 2015.5 I tried out the liquify tool on the same photos that I was getting the error with, and no problem at all in the older photoshop. So it seems to not be the images I'm using, but photoshop itself. Anyone seen this problem before and have a fix for it? Also, I'm on a Mac, still on El Capitan 10.11.6.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

HI Sahil,

Thank you for the link. I actually just got it working, I opened and closed photoshop a few times and now it seems to have no problems using the liquify tool. I will keep the other link in mind though if I run into the problem again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ashodpm,

As you are facing issue with the liquify feature, Could you please refer to the post below and let us know if it helps?

Photoshop CC Crop Tool - Error: Could not complete your request because the file was not found

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Sahil,

Thank you for the link. I actually just got it working, I opened and closed photoshop a few times and now it seems to have no problems using the liquify tool. I will keep the other link in mind though if I run into the problem again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I constantly have this problem occurring. It drives me crazy. I cannot finish one project without it crashing. I changed scratch disk to check if it's not indeed a drive problem but it's still the same.

@Adobe.. please stop using us as a beta testers. From one version to another the program is more and more buggy and becomes literally unusable!
I thik I will finally start to invoice you for the time I lost due to the crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines