• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not complete your request because of a program error - Photoshop 21.0.1 macOS Catalina 10.5.1.

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just recently upgraded Photoshop CC 2020 (v.21.0.1). Upon clicking ANYTHING (open file, import video to frames, play an action, crop image, etc), I get the pop-up, "could not complete your request because of a program error." The application is basically nonfunctional because no matter what I try to do, I get that notification error. Sometimes, I can click out of the pop-up. Sometimes when I click the OK button, the notification will continue to pop up until I force quit out of Photoshop.

Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 1.37.28 PM.png

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but still no fix. Is there anything else I can do to try to remedy this (both not being able to click anything and the multiple pop-ups)?

For reference, I am running MAC OS Catalina 10.5.1.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the program error with the latest update, let us help make it right.

Could you please try resetting the preferences of Photoshop and let us know if it helps with the issue?https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Note: Make sure that you back up all your custom presets, brushes and actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences. Migrate presets, actions, and settings

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil,

that did not help. I cannot access the preferences pane without the prompt repeatedly showing like in the screenshot above, and when I try to do the keyboard shortcut upon start up of CC, it does nothing to help as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, try to update to Photoshop 21.1, released today, as a fix for program error in the timeline is listed in the release notes: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html#photoshop-desktop-fixed-issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines