• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not complete your request because of a program error - Photoshop

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

? After modifying some photo's they will not save. A message comes up saying "Could not complete your request because of a program error". Can this be rectified.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeremy,

That's what definitely shouldn't be happening, let's make it right.

As you're getting a program error while saving a file in Photoshop, could you please let us know the version of Photoshop you're using? You can check that by going to Help > System Info.

Also, could you try resetting the preferences of Photoshop and let us know if it helps? Preferences in Photoshop
Note: Make sure that you back up all your custom presets, brushes and actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences. Migrate presets, actions, and settings

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting preferences.  It seems to help people a lot.  Occasionally, I have to do the same. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting something similar. When I have a Photoshop (ver. 20.0.5) with several layers of bitmaps, gradients and drop shadow effects, it saves fine. When I add rounded rectangle or a custom curved shape (to create masks) and I save the file, I get that error when I try to open it. I will try to reset preferences to see if that solves the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting preferences doesn't resolve the problem for my older file(s). I have attached one of my Photoshop files that has issues opening.

New files that I created after I cleared my preferences and that include curved shapes - built the same way as the others, work. So perhaps it WAS a glitch with the preferences.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wtg5xluyp3ivf9h/WitnessShield_HomePage_03.zip?dl=0

Here's a copy of my preferences file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x3gx0j290q73kmj/Becker%20Adobe%20Photoshop%20CC%202019%20Prefs.zip?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can open and resave the file that you have uploaded without any problem.

Can you try to use this tool to renistall photoshop?

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Francesco for checking my file. I ultimately uninstalled the Photoshop app from the CC panel. I tried running the CC Cleaner Tool but since I uninstalled Photoshop from the CC panel, it didn't show up as an option - at least that's why it wasn't in the list I believe. Anyway, after uninstalling and restarting my computer, I reinstalled Photoshop from the CC panel. I was able to open the file again. Whew! Thanks for the suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar problem.  I'm running the latest version of Photoshop.  When I open an image, and attempt to select polygon tool, I get the "Could not complete due to program error"  I've tried unistalling an re-installing, also using the cleaner.  I can't reset preferences because the software doesn't recognize that I've clicked OK so the preferences window remains open.  This is what is in the error log:

/Users/esbuilder/Jenkins_Comm/PS/PS20/Mac_Release/20190724.r.80/photoshop/main/photoshop/sources/UPSUtilities.cpp : 4360 : REQUIRE failed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jim,

Instead of “latest”, please give the exact number. If you didn’t update mid-day today (13 Aug), you may or may not have the “latest”.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines