Could not complete your request because of a program error. when opening any image.

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday, photoshop was working fine...

Today all I get is "Could not complete your request because of a program error"

I work as a medical photographer and many of the images I take are required by surgeons prior to starting operations on seriously ill patients.

I really need a functioning editing program today.

Macbook Pro 2016, running Big Sur 11.0.1, 2.9 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, Radeon Pro 460 4 GB, 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Thanks in advance

Steve

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Could not complete your request because of a program error. when opening any image.

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday, photoshop was working fine...

Today all I get is "Could not complete your request because of a program error"

I work as a medical photographer and many of the images I take are required by surgeons prior to starting operations on seriously ill patients.

I really need a functioning editing program today.

Macbook Pro 2016, running Big Sur 11.0.1, 2.9 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, Radeon Pro 460 4 GB, 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Thanks in advance

Steve

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 10, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here (and reported on many other forums).

Sometimes deleting some layers helps.

But the only definate workaround seems to be to revert to a previews version of PS.

In the past Adobe did extensive quality control and testing before rolling out new versions.

Unfortunately nowadays with the Cloud-Version we are all Beta-Testers (where updates can easily rolled out after users find errors).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly that doesn't work for us who have tight restrictions on software instalation.

The images I'm trying to view and edit are flat JPGs, just the one layer.

2 serious surgical precedures cancelled because of this (and more tomorrow potentially), no reply from Adobe...terrible service - what has gone wrong with this company?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just FYI, just spoke to an Adobe Rep...

Short version:

1 They know about the problem.

2 They don't know when a bug fix will be rolled out.

[Will be a sloppy fix anyway, without really adressing the slowly growing problem of having to modernize old core components. Old source code is a desaster in software design: Marketing probably things: Better milk customers as long as possible... Maybe it works without a general moderization of code...  Sorry, I'm a bit annoyed by non-minor bugs after EVERY of the last updates... *sigh*]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, almost forgot to mention: Often disabling GPU-support solves the issues (for me personally no option, but if you work on flat jps, that shouldn't be a problem?!).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2020 1