• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not complete your request because of a program error when using Heal brush

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of PS, and when I go to use my Healing brush, I get this error message: "Could not complete your request because of a program error". I am able to use it, maybe once or twice on a layer, but then the message keeps popping up.

Is there something I can do, it's been pretty frustrating.

Thanks, Susan N

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been happening to me repeatedly. I rebooted, hoping it would go away but no luck. I can heal multiple sensor spots and then, in the same file, on the same layer, I get the error message. Try a slightly different place on the layer and it works OK. I can't see any visual explanation for why some work and some fail. Clearly it's a bug, but I can't narrow it down more. Mac OS X 10.15.7. PS 22.1.0. Editing a multi-layer 16-bit photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem! It just started today. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's hope they fix it soon, I'm glad, in a way, I'm not a lone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem has been reported in several forums/threads.

Sometimes it seems to help to

• delete layers/flatten the image
  • disabling GPB-suppport

Both 'workaround' are no options for me personally. But maybe for some, who read this can, it's doing the trick.

I was able to speak to s-called Adobe Tech-Support yesterday (even harder to reach than it used to be - maybe because a lot of complaints going in these days): Long discussion, but basically:

• they aknwoledged the problem
  • they aren't working on a bug fix yet unfortunately (seems they just heard about it by us CC users = beta testers)

For the time being reverting back to a previous version seems to be the best option for most (even Adobe recommends that).

But watch out: When you revert back, you can lose some of your settings/options/workspaces/... Adobe completely deletes the v22 folder, when you go back to v21 e.g.

What I personally regard as most frustrating is not so much the error in itself (and it's no surprise; EVERY update of the last months was going hand in hand with broken functionaly or otherwise bad surprises). I'm mostly disappointed by

Adobe not

• publically adressing the problem
  • putting effort into reproducing and encircling it, finding out what's causing the (non-logged! non debug-info!) error
  • recommending how to prevent it (instead of thousands of users all over the world trying to figure out, whethter it's related to OS, GraphicsDriver, TabletDriver, etc....)
  • telling transparently when there will probably be a bug-fix rolled out

Instead: Total silence on Adobe's part. Not the company I wish to be mono-culturally dependent on as a pro PS-user, to be honest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant "disabling GPU-support" of course, not "GPB-support", can't edit the posting to fix typos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting your efforts with Adobe tech support. Saves others from a similarly frustrating experience.

It beggars belief that they would suggest deleting layers or flattening the image as a workaround - why do they think I use Photoshop? 

I'd encourage anyone new who reads these threads to post if they're experiencing the problem - it's the best chance Adobe will bother to fix this if they see a large group of users are affected (squeaky wheel and all that).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it started happening to me too after the update (the one where I was waiting for the red brush overlay fix. Which still isn't fixed either). This version is probably the most buggy I have ever experienced. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information, I will try flattening it, and hope they address it soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting. I've been going nuts with the same issue! Fingers crossed we'll have a fix sooner rather than later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am encountering the same problem.  There is no logic to it.  Sometimes it wirks properly on 90% of the image anthen on 1 specific spot it is impossible to use the healing or spot healing brush without getting the message.  VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I even tried to flatten layers as suggested above and got the program error again.  This is really frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, this has been acknowledged by Adobe Engineers and they are working on a fix for this. You can track the status at the Photoshop Feedback site in this thread:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-2210-program-error-using-spot-heali...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I saw a thread where someone mentioned a connection to (on Mac at least) a setting other than »Normal« under 

Preferences > Accessibility > Display > Cursor 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines