• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not complete your request because of a program error.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing latest Windows update, I constantly get the message "Could not complete your request because of a program error."  Can't do anything in Photoshop.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. No replies to help?! Did you fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to the latest driver for my Nvidia Quadro 400 card and that solved the Photoshop issue. However, I still get an error message in Illustrator that the video card drivers are not up to date, even though I know they are. Illustrator does give you the option to continue on after the error message and, so far, no ill effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to update for anyone else having issues with the lastest version 22.3 Apparently there are known issues that they are working on. I rolled back to version 22.2 and it is working fine for me now. I'll  install the next version when they bring it out, that hopefully will have the bug fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, have you already taken a look at this guide? https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/program-error-opening-psd.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying. Yes, I haven't rolled back to a previous version, I haven't had time yet. But got the report using the diagnosic plug-in and got this:

Photoshop Error information
Code: -1
Text: because of a program error
Message: Could not complete your request because of a program error.
Stack:

If you can help that would be great. 
Everything was fine a week ago, then over night I can't do anything. Error message appears as soon as I create a new document. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information. Have you also tried to reset the software preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in replying, (life keeps getting in the way!) yes, I removed the prefernces manually but it made no difference. Error message appears imediately I select 'create new' and I can proceed to do anything. 
It was fine before the last update. Is my only option to revert to the older version? Doesn't seem right, I should be able to use the latest version. Right now I can't do a thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, that should have said ''can't proceed'' not "can".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, have you tried to do a new software installation? Try to use Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to uninstall the software and also delete any corrupt files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines