Highlighted

Could not complete your request because of a program error

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have just downladed photoshop and every time I click start the toutorial or create new this pops up

Capture.PNG

"Could not complete your request because of a program error" 

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, restarting my computer and I bought extra store space but nothing has worked...

Adobe Community Professional
TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Could not complete your request because of a program error

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have just downladed photoshop and every time I click start the toutorial or create new this pops up

Capture.PNG

"Could not complete your request because of a program error" 

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, restarting my computer and I bought extra store space but nothing has worked...

Adobe Community Professional
TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have got to be kidding with this garbage, Photoshop has been out for 30 years and you still cant get it to run properly? And you want us to pay for something that doesnt work?  Know what FRAUD means? Yes, I bet you do. It means selling something that doesnt work or is not the same item as was promised, such as a working program. My graphics hardware is NOT preventing Photoshop from closing or doing anything. I manage files that are over 1 GB all the time, but when I try to close PS I get the same error. THE EXACT SAME ERROR. All preferences have been deleted, removed uninstalled, all the time wasting maintenance that you expect your users to do.  And you wonder why people use their own version. The ONLY thing that changed is that I made the mistake of updating PS.  So it needs new hardware but you are calling it a bug? Is this an issue or a feature? Am I supposed to run out and upgrade hardware only to find out THE ERROR IS STILL THERE?

First, since Photoshop 22.0 hardware requirements have increased, ensure your system meets Photoshop's minimum requirements.

If your graphics hardware is unsupported, you may need to update to more modern graphics hardware.

See Unsupported graphics cards

Second, reinstall or update your graphics card driver.
Third, restore Photoshop's preferences.

Fourth, disable the GPU.

See Disable the GPU to quickly narrow down the issue

If this step helps, perform further GPU troubleshooting.

See Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues

Finally, if none of the above suggestions help, roll back to the previous version of Photoshop.

See Revert to the previous Photoshop version

Yeah, no thanks, back to the version that works. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2020 1
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If installation of a new version is going to break the software, then it should not auto-install.  Customers should be warned of new requirements and given the choice, or better yet, the software should scan the system before installing and abort install if it won't work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. The entitled, unthinking  fascisim that is now core to the broken software development 'industry' beggars belief. I am PAYING for this software, yet Adobe feels under absolutely no obligation to provide me with a working product. Customers are entirely irrelevant in the Adobe world view. We will take whatever they deem to give us, and should feel lucky to get it.

There is such a need for monopoly companies like Adobe, Microsoft etc. to be broken up and properly regulated. Instead, they are allowed to buy up the competition and close them down (remember Freehand?). 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 0