Could not complete your request because Photoshop does not recognize this type of file

New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I am using a MAC desktop computer with Big Sur MacOS. All of a sudden when I try to open up a TIFF file I get this error message "Could not complete your request because Photoshop does not recognize this type of file". I unistalled the program and reinstalled but still have the same problem. Can someone help? Thank you!

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing you are opening your files from an external drive.

This has to do with the Mac OS not recognizing externals formatted other than Ex-Fat.

You'll need to transfer your files off the drive, reformat and replace the files.

No way around it. Apple is locking down security to the Nth degree.

Kevin Stohlmeyer Adobe Community Professional/Adobe Certified Instructor

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I actually downgraded back to the previous photoshop version before this latest update and I no longer have the problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you accessing from an external drive?

Kevin Stohlmeyer Adobe Community Professional/Adobe Certified Instructor

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you open the TIFF in say Apple's Preview? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines