• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not complete your request because the file-format module cannot parse the file

Participant ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to open PNG files that I am doing through my render software Keyshot. Photoshop is giving me the message:

Could not complete your request because the file-format module cannot parse the file

I am wondering why ? This are no corrupt files. These files come from the render software straight away.

Is there any possibility to solve this ?  I have the latest version of PS running o High Sierra OS.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Hi All,

This issue should be fixed in the Photoshop CC 2018 (19.1.4) release which is now available. Checkout the list of fixed issues here: Fixed issues in Adobe Photoshop CC

Please update Photoshop CC 2018 via the Creative Cloud desktop app and let us know if you continue to have any trouble.

Update Creative Cloud apps

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you open the images in Preview?

What are the png settings you use in the render software?

Why do you render png and not tif?

Anyway: Some File formats might allow for some ambiguity which not all receiving applications may be able to handle, some applications may even be able to handle files that are actually not up to standard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can open it in the preview.

What do you mean with the PNG settings?

I render PNG cause when you render from the 'preview' viewport in Keyshot you have two options: JPG and PNG.

This did not happen before.

I appreciate your answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you cannot chose any settings for png like bit depth?

Does the software not offer the option to render tifs?

When you save the png from Preview as png or psd can those files be opened in Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if you are familiarized with Keyshot. I will try to explain briefly:

Keyshot works with a rendering viewport that is working constantly. I believe is called progressive render.

KS has an option to 'printscreen' the progressive render viewport. Like a 'fast' option to show to your clients something before is finished. In this case the options are less than if I choose a 'proper' render option (where I can choose all kind of file extensions, samples and etc). I can try to render a png in the proper way (final render)  and let you know if photoshop works.

I guess if it works the error comes from KS and not from PS ? 

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess if it works the error comes from KS and not from PS ?

Unfortunately there is ambivalence – I suspect KS may create pngs that »play loose« with the file format standards but it is also possible Photoshop may not honour all possible, but legitimate variations to the format.

Can you place the png as a Smart Object?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am afraid I can not even open the file ...the 'warning sign' comes before any possibility of importing the file.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sometimes work with fairly high resolution PNGs, and use Photoshop Elements 11. I have discovered that this version, if not others, cannot even load images with a pixel dimension, x or y, of more than 30,000, and the error message gives not even the tiniest clue that this is the problem. So I load it into GIMP on my really old PC which now runs Linux, scale it down, save it, then go back to Photoshop and carry on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post Photoshop Elements related queries and comments over at

http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop_elements

Does Gimp not run on your current computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you rebuking me for posting what may be a Photoshop-wide problem, in

the forum I had found Bruno_S's post, which came up when I had

Google-searched for a solution to the same problem, once I had found a

solution, just because I am using Elements? Are you sure that is

appropriate?

Yes, GIMP probably will run on my main Windows PC. I prefer to run

programs which will run on Linux on an older machine. Please can you

tell me why you ask?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you rebuking me for posting what may be a Photoshop-wide problem, in

the forum I had found Bruno_S's post, which came up when I had

Google-searched for a solution to the same problem, once I had found a

solution, just because I am using Elements? Are you sure that is

appropriate?

I have not rebuked you, I recommended you post on the application-specific Forum as you were not talking about Photoshop proper.

Yes, GIMP probably will run on my main Windows PC. I prefer to run

programs which will run on Linux on an older machine. Please can you

tell me why you ask?

I asked because I failed to see the necessity of running Gimp on a separate computer, but as I have not installed or used it in some time it might indeed be that it is not up to date with all »popular« OS’ and I just don’t know that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have discovered that this version, if not others, cannot even load images with a pixel dimension, x or y, of more than 30,000, and the error message gives not even the tiniest clue that this is the problem.

I remember a colleague encountering the problem that a file with a Layer that was larger that 30.000px (edit: in at least one direction, that is) could be saved but could not be opened again in Photoshop a couple of years ago.

But for Photoshop proper that now (edit: referring to Photoshop 19.1.1) seems to instead trigger the size-warning (»Could not save “Untitled-2.psd” because the document is bigger than 2 gigabytes.«) and necessitate saving a psb instead of a psd.

So while the warning’s text may not actually be correct (except if coincidentally the file is indeed larger than 2GB) the result still works out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

This issue should be fixed in the Photoshop CC 2018 (19.1.4) release which is now available. Checkout the list of fixed issues here: Fixed issues in Adobe Photoshop CC

Please update Photoshop CC 2018 via the Creative Cloud desktop app and let us know if you continue to have any trouble.

Update Creative Cloud apps

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines